We often learn by doing. Inspired by this video of comedians Tripps and Tyler, arrange a call with some trusted colleagues where your purposely violate all that you learned in this course. Then debrief your virtual blunders, offering everyone on the call the chance to answer the following questions:
- What did you notice?
- What stood out for you?
- What conclusions did you draw about someone’s behaviour?
- What else?
- What did you learn with this exercise?
- What will you do less of?
- What will you do more of?
- If there was one recommendation you would give someone about to get on a virtual call what would that recommendation be?